Showing all 7 results
Instructor: Dan McBain
Tuesday 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The student will be taught basic drawing skills in pencil and other medium, in a fun and laid back environment. (No previous experience required)
It is advised to bring a sketchpad and basic drawing supplies you already own to your first class. The Instructor will discussed the list of additional materials needed on that first day.
Instructor: Lynn Denzer
Thursday, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
06/15/17 – 07/13/17 (5 Weeks)
Drawing can be simple, natural and fun. If you can see you can draw. Like Leonardo Da Vinci, your drawings can be a reflection of your experiment in seeing. In this class you can approach your experiments in drawing with a delightful anticipation of discovery. Your teacher will guide you through basic to more thorough techniques to draw from what you see and what you want to compose through your imagination..
- graphite pencils: 6-B, 8 or 9-B, 6-H, 4-H, 2-b (Kimberly)
- charcoal pencil (Prismacolor)
- blending stump
- colored pencils (Prismacolor or Prang)
- artist pen (waterproof) 2 of choice (Faber-Castel)
- 2 sharpeners (separate one for colored pencils)
- 2 sketch pads (9×12 and 11 x14) (Strathmore)
- one smooth pad and one rough (with assorted tints in one and one white)
Instructor: Andy Villarreal
Tuesday 9:30 a.m – noon
06/14/17 – 08/16/17
The student will explore the world of abstraction using methods and techniques of the early 20th century. Various styles and approaches will be introduced. Explore the subjective style of art. Mixed media techniques will be introduced based on student interest.
- Paints — choose either oil or acrylic
- Thalo Blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow medium
- Yellow Ochre
- Titanium White
- Burnt Umber
- Flat Nylon Filbert Brushes (4)
- Canvases (at least 16×20) x2
- Sketch Pad
- Drawing pencils